In lead up to Vancouver Wedding Professionals Networking 2013, we want to offer some helpful wedding marketing tips on how to connect with more brides. In a traditionally offline industry, savvy, modern brides are now taking to the web to do their wedding shopping. Local businesses – the wedding vendors that are making these weddings happen need to adapt to these changing shopping trends in order to attract more brides and ultimately, book more weddings. Here are a few tips to make that happen.
[fontawesome icon=”heart” variation=”purple” size=”1x”]First, understand the steps a bride takes to hire a wedding vendor.
- Recommendations from friends, family, peers, social media, and online wedding communities.
- Research wedding vendors online – their websites, social media, wedding directories, review sites, forums…
- Narrow down to their favorites and contact those that make the cut.
[fontawesome icon=”heart” variation=”purple” size=”1x”]Next, understand how to fit into their planning process.
- Recommendations: Don’t underestimate the power of referrals. Network with other wedding vendors and increase your referrals! Also, get past customers to leave you reviews, refer you to their friends by providing incentives.
- Researching Online: Get found online by using keywords on your website or blog that brides are searching. Ensure your website is informative with package pricing, beautiful photos, bride reviews, and easy-to-find contact information. If you can’t update your website easily, be sure to keep your social media channels, like Facebook updated with photos and contact information. Add your business to online wedding directories where you know brides are searching – just be sure to make your profile really strong!
- Choosing a Great Connection: Brides hire the ‘perfect’ vendor based on who passes the ‘connection test,’ and gets their dream wedding vision.
Want to learn more wedding marketing tips? RSVP to Vancouver Wedding Professionals Networking 2013