Meet Lisa Jagmohan, the floral designer and owner behind Pure Hue Dynasty in Toronto, Canada. With over 7 years in the business, we caught up with Lisa to find out how she helps brides on their big day. What are some of the trends you’re seeing in weddings?
How do you prep before a big wedding day? Walk us through the process.
The process for preparation for floral and decor for all the weddings that I do can be made to be extremely easy and enjoyable.
1. Create a master list of all items needed based on your bride and grooms needs per floral & decor.
2. Source out where the best purchases can be made to supply your bride with very best of quality.
3. Create a check list for all items needed.
4. Clarify and reconfirm all locations from bride i.e: home of the bride, church and venue – these are all key locations. This will help getting a guideline together on when is the best time for delivering and setting up at churches and venues.
5. All material for floral and decor are to be gathered the day before the wedding to ensure freshness of all floral for your bride.
6. Deliver all wedding party items to the bride’s home one night prior to the wedding day. Reconfirm locations.
7. Wedding day morning (your brides has her wedding party floral) one thing off your large list. Next step is getting to the church for setting up of floral and decor. This step is not always an option as not all brides have a church on their agenda.
8. The venue is usually the last stop for setting up, you want to always ensure a setting up time with either the bride or the venue (Step 4), always give yourself enough time for this step. Arrive at time discussed and start the set up for the floral and decor for your lovely bride to be greeted with on her special day.
It’s a tough pick, but what’s your favorite flower?
My favorite floral is the electric blue and purple Dendrobium (orchid family). It always makes for the perfect floral within decor and in the bridal party floral items. This is my personal choice, overall all floral is beauty added to weddings and special events, no matter the color or quantity.
Do you have a favorite bride moment/story from your past work?
I do have a awesome memorable moment from a bride who sent me a testimonial from a recent wedding from this year:
“Lisa went above and beyond her expectations as our wedding florist & decor. She had wonderful ideas at every juncture in the decision-making process that made the whole experience a breeze. She is superbly talented – our flowers were breathtaking! She’s caring and thoughtful – I went looking for a florist and I found a friend as well! I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for great service matched with great quality and a great price. Thank you Lisa – Pure Hue Dynasty!”