Your Title: Photographer
Years in Business: 9 years
Links to your social media accounts (if you have Facebook, Twitter, etc): http://www.bcweddingphotography.blogspot.ca
1. How do you determine with the couple what style of photographs to shoot? Prior to the wedding I have a consult with the couple. From this consult I determine whether they prefer a fun and relaxed style, dreaming and romantic, or traditional formal. Most want a blend of fun and romantic.
2. Have you noticed in any particular trends in wedding photography? Weddings tend to be more relaxed and fun. The focus is on having a party and showing real people. Nothing to posed. Signing books are big right now. All the photos from the engagement shoot in a signing book for the guests to sign at the wedding.
3. I noticed you do Boudoir photography – it’s a popular trend right now. Are a lot of brides doing boudoir shoots for their grooms? Brides are having a lot more fun now. They are having a boudoir session as a gift for their groom or having a boudoir bachelorette party. This is really fun.
4. What are some of your favourite locations to shoot at? There are so many places that I love. Stanley Park, Queen Elizabeth Park, Jericho, Vancouver Library. As for venues, the Cecil House and Hycroft House are really nice. It’s so hard to pick, Vancouver is just beautiful.
5. Do you have a favorite story/moment from your past work? It’s always interesting listening to the speeches. I find out a lot about the couple this way. I big trend I find right now, is a lot of couples are meeting on dating sites.