Keep this information in mind when you browse through our lists, before asking for a wedding quote or when meeting your vendors on consultations:
- What’s the feel/theme of the reception?
- If you are tight on budget, choose buffet over plated dinner. Cocktails and finger food for a day wedding will also help you stay on budget
- Having a couple of signature drinks instead of a full bar is another good way to save money
- Give a final guest count to the caterers the week before the wedding to make sure you have enough food and drinks
- Price reference
If you are looking to save money on food you’ll probably spend about $30-60 per guest
Couples on average spend between $55-100 per guest
Those looking to splurge on food will pay $95+ per guest
- What kind of ceremony do you want?
- Non-denominational: A spiritual ceremony that includes reference to God, but does not adhere to any particular religious protocol.
- Non-religious: Usually includes no reference to faith and typically does not mention God.
- Interfaith: This is a blending of two or more faiths, by including aspect of religion or religious rituals or readings that are symbolic of each faith.
- Intercultural: Where bride and groom come from different cultures and want to bring something representative of each to the ceremony.
- Price ranges are very wide, depending on the kind of ceremony you want, where you have it, how many guests and transportation fees for many officiants. Prices on the lowers end of the spectrum are $150 and they can go up to $800+
TIP: If you want to write your own vows we recommend not reading them off your phone. A piece of paper looks much better on photos!
- Do you need hair and makeup or only one of the two services?
- Get a full hair and makeup trial before the wedding. Inspiration photos may look very different depending on your skin tone and hair type.
- If you have your bridesmaids and/or mother of the bride getting makeup and/or hair done too make sure you book enough people to avoid any delays.
- A lot of makeup packages include eye lash extensions – check with your vendor if they charge extra.
- Check if travel fees are included. Getting the artist to go to your location may be pricier but it’s worth the time you save.
- Price reference for makeup or hair (not both)
If you are looking to spend little on this category budget about $65-100 per person
On average, hair or makeup services are $100-160 per person
If you are looking to splurge on hair or makeup budget about $160+ per person
- How many hours do you need? Take into account that most transportation companies don’t split shifts.
- How many people do you need to fit? Usually the bridal party will be in the same limo between ceremony and reception if you are taking photos together.
- Take into account where the parking areas are at the ceremony location. Your ceremony may take a little longer than expected and the limo will need to wait for you somewhere.
- TIP: Check if the limo comes with any of the following: Just married sign, red carpet, beverages.
- Price reference:
If you are looking to spend a small amount on transportation, probably one trip instead of multiple, budget about $200-$600 (depending on the amount of people needed to fit). The average cost for a 3 to 4 hours is $500-$700 for a limo that fits 10-12 passengers. 6 to 8 hours on larger size limos that fit up to 14 passengers or limo buses will range around $800+.