Hold off on those Save-the-Date invitations! Choosing the time of year to marry affects many parts of your wedding plans. Here are our tips on how to pick the right time for your wedding.
To start, ask yourself:
- What time of year would you like to have your wedding? Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter?
- How much time would you need to plan this?
- When would your family like your wedding? Most of the time, a wedding date is a family affair as family may all want to coordinate details for you, especially the parents!
Book your summer wedding dates early! July, August and September wedding dates book up quickly and are the most popular season to marry! Earlier summer wedding dates are less expensive while Spring, Fall and Winter weddings will always have lower rates.
The time of year can also affect flower choices as flowers are in season in different times. If your flower and colour choices are important to you, then you might want to pick a certain time of year.
Consider Your Vacation Time
Don’t forget your vacation time. Do you need to book off 2 weeks for your wedding and honeymoon? Will your wedding compete with other major holidays? When would you like your anniversary to be every year? These are all small details but these questions can all contribute to you picking the most suitable time for your wedding!
- Expect to pay top rates in July and August
- The most popular and expensive wedding dates are Saturdays in late August. Aim for Fridays or Sundays instead.
- Book your wedding venue over a year in advance and receive a better rate
Was this article helpful? Let us know and comment below with your questions.